***My Home Away from Home***

***My Home Away from Home***

Monday, January 16, 2012

Digital Picture Niagara Falls *Week2*

First things first, I’d make a second copy of the file just to be safe. I like to give mine key names, so I know what it is as like Niagara-Falls_RAW.jpg or Niagara-Falls_Original.jpg as an example.

Ok, now a few things I can do. At this point I’d open the file I want to play with and to start I can duplicate the layer so I can compare the differences in my changes (although this isn’t necessary if you don’t choose too), but I find it helpful and just hide on of the layers.

Next, depending on the colors and format of the picture I can use the “quick selection tool” button to take the part of the picture I do want and then copy them (ctrl c). I now would open a new blank screen “File, New” and this is where I choose my resolution, size, background content (ex. white or transparent) and color mode. Then click “Ok”. I can name it here to if I choose in the name field. Now I’d hit “ctrl v” to paste the image. If there are parts of the image that I still don’t want I can zoom in as much as I see fit and just use the erase tool to remove unwanted pixels etc. Now I’d click on file and choose “Save for web and Devices”. Here is where I would choose the file format jpg, gif or png. I prefer jpeg for just about your normal web needs and I can modify the image sizes as well here.

Another alternative to use instead of the quick selection tool is to use the “Crop Tool”. If using the square shape crop tool just drag it over the part of the image you want. Once I have what I want selected I can follow the steps above and copy and paste into a new blank screen again, save etc.

The last option I can think of and it is my favorite of all the tools is too use the ‘Spot Healing Brush Tool”. I’d zoom in as close as needed and with this tool I’d erase those tourists right out of the picture as if they never were even there. This tool sort of acts like a clone to the rest of its surroundings, so in essences it would erase the people out and replace it with near surroundings. If done right one would never even know they were in the orginal. Once completed “save for Web etc…..

1 comment:

  1. Heading to the AC boat show next weekend but I won't be coming home with dream "home away from home".

    ReplyDelete