***My Home Away from Home***

***My Home Away from Home***

Monday, February 13, 2012

Compare/Contract the 2 sites:

Well, this one is tuff to some up. Being Expressions is so much more powerful, you can pretty much make a site look and work however you really want (if you know what you're doing). For me I used a template in Expressions therefore I was restricted by that as starting from scratch would have been way too time consuming especially since I'm a beginner w/ that app. The one thing that was similar w/ Weebly is that you are somewhat restricted by their templates as well. Although, there was 1 really nice feature I found easier out of the gate using Weebly then Expressions and that was drag and dropping what you wanted on the site. Not that Expressions didn’t have that, but Weebly had less options and choices so it was easier to choose. For example I liked the photo gallery I choose on Weebly. It was really simple to setup and looked great. Of course I could have done the same thing in Expressions, but it wasn't as simple to do.

The last thing I'd like to mention is I like the default resolution Weebly used for the page. It was larger and filled the page more. Which for today's monitor size etc it works and looks better in my opinion. Expressions on the other hand the template I choose the resolution was much smaller and I just didn't like that. I’m sure there are ways to change that but it didn't appear to be really simple or perhaps I just didn't look hard enough.

As for adjustments I made from Expressions to Weebly I can think of 2. I created the Expressions page first. Then when I was building my web2.0 site I had some issues w/ my main logo image and it had to be modified for Weebly. Also, I had a gif animation and that didn't appear to work on Weebly as well. It only was showing as a single picture. Other than that some of the image and text placement on the pages were slightly different too due to the restrictions of the templates (as mentioned above). Regarding colors, I was able to match them up pretty close though.

No comments:

Post a Comment